Electrical Installation Certificate

Alicante electrical installation Certificate (CIE)


The electrical bulletin or electrical installation certificate is a technical document that ensures that an electrical installation is safe and does not pose any danger.


There is no fixed price for obtaining an electrical installation report, it will depend on the characteristics of the respective installation.

However, in general terms, the usual average price is between €150 and €200.


The preparation time is usually 3 days.

Once you have it, it will be sent to the distribution company for its subsequent acceptance. The response time, although it varies between companies of this type, is usually around 7 days approximately.



    Below is a list of the most frequent situations in which it is necessary to obtain an electrical bulletin.

    1. Change of electricity ownership

    When 20 years have passed since the last electricity bulletin and you are going to change the ownership of the supplies, the electricity companies require you to do so.

    2. Registration of a new electricity supply

    If you need to register a new electricity supply, you must provide the electricity bulletin as part of the required documentation.

    3. Increasing the power

    If you want to increase the power above the maximum value of the old report, you need a new document of this type.

    This new report will certify that it is possible to reach the value you are aiming for under safe conditions.

    Is it possible to increase the power without a report?

    No. You can increase it up to the maximum value certified by your old electricity bulletin.

    4. Technical modifications

    In this situation, 2 circumstances may arise:

    • There is a modification of the installation from single-phase to three-phase.
    • There is a change of economic activity in a commercial premises.

    Which installation do I have, single-phase or three-phase?

    The vast majority of homes have a single-phase installation.

    These systems use a single electrical conductor cable and have a single alternating current.

    The standard voltages for these installations are 220 or 230 volts.

    Three-phase installations, on the other hand, are common in the tertiary sector (e.g. in a business building).

    These systems use three electrically conductive wires and have three alternating currents.

    The standard voltage ranges from 380 to 400 volts.

    When does it expire?

    If you need to make any modification to the supply contract and the bulletin is more than 20 years old, it will be considered out of date and the electrical installation will have to be revised.

    An example of this type of situation can be found when buying an old second-hand property.

    In these cases, do not forget to ask the seller for the electrical report to have this information.

    Boletín eléctrico Alicante


    There are different classifications. Below, we explain the most common ones, according to the power supplied:

    Low voltage electrical installation certificate

    Also called low voltage electrical bulletin, it is necessary to connect an electrical installation to the low voltage distribution network.

    It is the common certificate for registering the electricity supply in dwellings.

    High-voltage CIE

    Necessary to connect an electrical installation to the high voltage distribution network.

    It is the common one for registering the electricity supply to companies, industrial warehouses, commercial buildings, etc.

    In addition to the above classification or distinction, we can find different electrical installation certificates or electrical bulletin, depending on the type of property they are aimed at or the type of activity:

    Electrical certificate for dwellings

    This type of electrical certificate is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in a home.

    Electricity bulletin for commercial premises

    This is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in commercial premises.

    In any case, it must comply with the technical and safety requirements in accordance with the activity planned for the premises.

    Electrical certificate for industrial buildings

    This type of electrical certificate is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in an industrial building.

    It must also comply with the technical and safety requirements in accordance with the industrial activity planned for the warehouse or building.

    Electrical certificate for public buildings

    Also, the one used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in public buildings.

    Public buildings such as: schools, hospitals, government offices, etc.

    It must also comply with the technical and safety requirements for public buildings.

    In this case, it is essential to bear in mind that a building of these characteristics, with public concurrence, is subject to very demanding technical and safety conditions.

    If I install solar panels, do I need a certificate or electrical report?

    If you decide to install photovoltaic solar panels to supply electricity to your home (self-consumption), you will also need an electrical bulletin.

    First of all, make sure that the installation of your photovoltaic system will be carried out by an approved or authorised installer.

    Once the system has been installed, it must be registered with the Ministry of Industry of your Autonomous Community.

    In the aforementioned registration, they require, among other documents, the electrical bulletin or electrical installation certificate.

    The responsibility for carrying out these procedures lies with the owner of the installation. However, the installation company usually takes care of all of this.

    And on a construction site?

    If you are going to carry out construction work in a home that does not have an electricity supply, you will need to register for electricity for a limited period of time.

    This is usually the case for homes under construction.

    For this, it will be necessary to have an electrical bulletin or certificate of electrical installation.

    Normally, it is usually the company that is going to carry out the work that is responsible for carrying out all these formalities. In any case, all of this is agreed in the previous contract.

    If I have a camper, do I also have to obtain an electrical report?

    It depends on the electrical installation in your camper.

    In most cases, this installation is usually 12V. In other words, most of the elements of a camper run on this power (battery, fridge, light points, etc.).

    In this scenario, the electrical bulletin will not be necessary. However, if you want to have a power similar to that of the houses (220 V), you will need it.

    Electrical bulletin without earthing

    Earth sockets connect the sockets in our home to the earth.

    This is done so that, in the event of a problem such as a lightning strike, we are protected.

    In this way, the discharge will flow towards the ground, will be diverted and will not come into contact with the people living in the house.

    In addition to our safety, earthing also safeguards electrical installations and circuits.

    At present, it is compulsory to install it. However, there are some older homes that do not have an earth connection.

    In these cases, it is advisable to check and approve the installation. It is true that electrical appliances can work correctly without the earthing system, but safety will be compromised.

    Unnecessary dangers must be avoided.

    Do you need an electrical bulletin for your bar or business?


    In general terms, the electricity bulletin is paid for by the holder of the electricity contract for a home.

    Therefore, as it is necessary as part of the documentation for registering a new supply, it is paid for by the buyer.


    If you are going to buy a house, don’t forget to ask the seller for this certificate.

    There are usually two circumstances:

    • The seller does not have the electrical bulletin.
    • The bulletin is more than 20 years old and is considered out of date.

    If the Electrical Installation Certificate has been lost or mislaid, there is no specific way to request a copy.

    You can turn to the authorised technician or company that issued it or contact the supply company to see if they can find it.


    On-site verification measurements must be carried out. his accredits that the installation is adequate and that our home is suitable for electricity supply.

    CIE Alicante


    Who can do it?

    The electrical bulletin cannot be drawn up by just any electrician or electrical company.

    It must be signed by a technician or a company authorised for this purpose.

    Where is it presented?

    Once we obtain the electric bulletin, it will be presented to the company that will supply us with the service.

    This company will be chosen by us and the bulletin will be accompanied by different documentation in order to make our supply contract official.

    What information does this bulletin contain?

    1. Details of the owner of the installation.
    2. Exact location of the supply point.
    3. Distribution company.
    4. Installation company or authorised professional.
    5. Characteristics of the installation (contracted and maximum admissible electrical power, details of the installation components, etc.).
    6. Test measurements.
    7. Details and signature of the technician who certifies and issues the electrical bulletin.
    ¿Hablamos por WhatsApp?
    This site is registered on as a development site.