Second Occupancy Licence

Second occupancy certificate Villajoyosa

Have you been asked for this certificate and you don’t know what it is? In short, it is a document that certifies habitability.

When a house is built, it is necessary that an architect certifies that it is habitable. This certificate is called cédula de habitabilidad.

In the Community of Valencia, this certificate is valid for 10 years.

The next time you need to certify the habitability of a property, the cédula de habitabilidad is no longer necessary. Another less rigorous document is used which is called cédula de segunda ocupación or licencia segunda ocupación (second occupancy license).

Who has to apply for the second occupancy licence?

First of all, you should know that the application must always be made by the owner of the property or, failing that, his or her representative.

This application must include a technical certificate certifying that the property is habitable. This certificate must also be signed by a competent technician (architect or engineer).

When is it compulsory or is it required?

First of all, it is important to clarify that, in the Valencian Community, it is not compulsory for the purchase-sale. In other words, the seller is not obliged to provide it to the notary.

However, it is true that many real estate agencies or buyers do require it, as it is a technical guarantee of the property.

On the other hand, in many cities or towns, it is compulsory to have this document for the change of ownership of water or discharges.

Finally, it is also required to obtain the tourist licence.

Price second occupancy licence Villajoyosa

The price is 275€ (all inclusive).

segunda ocupación villajoyosa

How to obtain a second occupancy licence

In a summarised and simplified way, these are the main steps to obtain the second occupancy licence:

  1. Technical visit by an architect or engineer.
  2. Drawing up the technical certificate, according to the data collected during the visit.
  3. Payment of the administrative fee and registration.

Technical certificate of second occupation

The most important document for requesting the second occupancy licence is the technical certificate.

This is a certificate which must be signed by an engineer or architect and which verifies that the property still complies with the technical specifications for habitability.

Second occupancy tax Villajoyosa

The tax to be paid to the town hall to obtain the licence is 130,20€.

There is also a small fee to be paid depending on the square metres.

Second occupancy deadline

At QEE Ingeniería, we can get you the second occupancy licence in Villajoyosa in just 3 days.

Do you need to change the name of your water?

Second occupancy certificate requirements Villajoyosa

The following aspects must be taken into account with regard to the habitability of a property:

First and foremost, it should be noted that the minimum usable area of the property must be 24 m2.

Another aspect to take into account is the minimum height of the dwelling, which, as a general rule, must be 2.50m.

All rooms, with the exception of bathrooms, pantries or storage rooms, must have exterior windows.

Bathrooms that do not have natural ventilation to the outside, will have the corresponding ventilation grille for the adequate exchange of air.

The entire dwelling will have a water supply, electricity supply and proper waste water drainage.

The water network, for its part, will have a hot and cold water installation.

    Electrical Installation Certificate

    Alicante electrical installation Certificate (CIE)


    The electrical bulletin or electrical installation certificate is a technical document that ensures that an electrical installation is safe and does not pose any danger.


    There is no fixed price for obtaining an electrical installation report, it will depend on the characteristics of the respective installation.

    However, in general terms, the usual average price is between €150 and €200.


    The preparation time is usually 3 days.

    Once you have it, it will be sent to the distribution company for its subsequent acceptance. The response time, although it varies between companies of this type, is usually around 7 days approximately.



      Below is a list of the most frequent situations in which it is necessary to obtain an electrical bulletin.

      1. Change of electricity ownership

      When 20 years have passed since the last electricity bulletin and you are going to change the ownership of the supplies, the electricity companies require you to do so.

      2. Registration of a new electricity supply

      If you need to register a new electricity supply, you must provide the electricity bulletin as part of the required documentation.

      3. Increasing the power

      If you want to increase the power above the maximum value of the old report, you need a new document of this type.

      This new report will certify that it is possible to reach the value you are aiming for under safe conditions.

      Is it possible to increase the power without a report?

      No. You can increase it up to the maximum value certified by your old electricity bulletin.

      4. Technical modifications

      In this situation, 2 circumstances may arise:

      • There is a modification of the installation from single-phase to three-phase.
      • There is a change of economic activity in a commercial premises.

      Which installation do I have, single-phase or three-phase?

      The vast majority of homes have a single-phase installation.

      These systems use a single electrical conductor cable and have a single alternating current.

      The standard voltages for these installations are 220 or 230 volts.

      Three-phase installations, on the other hand, are common in the tertiary sector (e.g. in a business building).

      These systems use three electrically conductive wires and have three alternating currents.

      The standard voltage ranges from 380 to 400 volts.

      When does it expire?

      If you need to make any modification to the supply contract and the bulletin is more than 20 years old, it will be considered out of date and the electrical installation will have to be revised.

      An example of this type of situation can be found when buying an old second-hand property.

      In these cases, do not forget to ask the seller for the electrical report to have this information.

      Boletín eléctrico Alicante


      There are different classifications. Below, we explain the most common ones, according to the power supplied:

      Low voltage electrical installation certificate

      Also called low voltage electrical bulletin, it is necessary to connect an electrical installation to the low voltage distribution network.

      It is the common certificate for registering the electricity supply in dwellings.

      High-voltage CIE

      Necessary to connect an electrical installation to the high voltage distribution network.

      It is the common one for registering the electricity supply to companies, industrial warehouses, commercial buildings, etc.

      In addition to the above classification or distinction, we can find different electrical installation certificates or electrical bulletin, depending on the type of property they are aimed at or the type of activity:

      Electrical certificate for dwellings

      This type of electrical certificate is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in a home.

      Electricity bulletin for commercial premises

      This is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in commercial premises.

      In any case, it must comply with the technical and safety requirements in accordance with the activity planned for the premises.

      Electrical certificate for industrial buildings

      This type of electrical certificate is used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in an industrial building.

      It must also comply with the technical and safety requirements in accordance with the industrial activity planned for the warehouse or building.

      Electrical certificate for public buildings

      Also, the one used to register, modify or update an electrical installation in public buildings.

      Public buildings such as: schools, hospitals, government offices, etc.

      It must also comply with the technical and safety requirements for public buildings.

      In this case, it is essential to bear in mind that a building of these characteristics, with public concurrence, is subject to very demanding technical and safety conditions.

      If I install solar panels, do I need a certificate or electrical report?

      If you decide to install photovoltaic solar panels to supply electricity to your home (self-consumption), you will also need an electrical bulletin.

      First of all, make sure that the installation of your photovoltaic system will be carried out by an approved or authorised installer.

      Once the system has been installed, it must be registered with the Ministry of Industry of your Autonomous Community.

      In the aforementioned registration, they require, among other documents, the electrical bulletin or electrical installation certificate.

      The responsibility for carrying out these procedures lies with the owner of the installation. However, the installation company usually takes care of all of this.

      And on a construction site?

      If you are going to carry out construction work in a home that does not have an electricity supply, you will need to register for electricity for a limited period of time.

      This is usually the case for homes under construction.

      For this, it will be necessary to have an electrical bulletin or certificate of electrical installation.

      Normally, it is usually the company that is going to carry out the work that is responsible for carrying out all these formalities. In any case, all of this is agreed in the previous contract.

      If I have a camper, do I also have to obtain an electrical report?

      It depends on the electrical installation in your camper.

      In most cases, this installation is usually 12V. In other words, most of the elements of a camper run on this power (battery, fridge, light points, etc.).

      In this scenario, the electrical bulletin will not be necessary. However, if you want to have a power similar to that of the houses (220 V), you will need it.

      Electrical bulletin without earthing

      Earth sockets connect the sockets in our home to the earth.

      This is done so that, in the event of a problem such as a lightning strike, we are protected.

      In this way, the discharge will flow towards the ground, will be diverted and will not come into contact with the people living in the house.

      In addition to our safety, earthing also safeguards electrical installations and circuits.

      At present, it is compulsory to install it. However, there are some older homes that do not have an earth connection.

      In these cases, it is advisable to check and approve the installation. It is true that electrical appliances can work correctly without the earthing system, but safety will be compromised.

      Unnecessary dangers must be avoided.

      Do you need an electrical bulletin for your bar or business?


      In general terms, the electricity bulletin is paid for by the holder of the electricity contract for a home.

      Therefore, as it is necessary as part of the documentation for registering a new supply, it is paid for by the buyer.


      If you are going to buy a house, don’t forget to ask the seller for this certificate.

      There are usually two circumstances:

      • The seller does not have the electrical bulletin.
      • The bulletin is more than 20 years old and is considered out of date.

      If the Electrical Installation Certificate has been lost or mislaid, there is no specific way to request a copy.

      You can turn to the authorised technician or company that issued it or contact the supply company to see if they can find it.


      On-site verification measurements must be carried out. his accredits that the installation is adequate and that our home is suitable for electricity supply.

      CIE Alicante


      Who can do it?

      The electrical bulletin cannot be drawn up by just any electrician or electrical company.

      It must be signed by a technician or a company authorised for this purpose.

      Where is it presented?

      Once we obtain the electric bulletin, it will be presented to the company that will supply us with the service.

      This company will be chosen by us and the bulletin will be accompanied by different documentation in order to make our supply contract official.

      What information does this bulletin contain?

      1. Details of the owner of the installation.
      2. Exact location of the supply point.
      3. Distribution company.
      4. Installation company or authorised professional.
      5. Characteristics of the installation (contracted and maximum admissible electrical power, details of the installation components, etc.).
      6. Test measurements.
      7. Details and signature of the technician who certifies and issues the electrical bulletin.
      Energy Certificate

      Alicante local energy certificate

      If you are going to rent or sell a local or small commercial premises and have been asked for an energy certificate, read on. You will find the following information very useful.

      Local energy certificate price Alicante

      The price of the energy certificate varies mainly according to the surface area, i.e. m2. Thus, both the technical fees and the fees will depend on the surface area.

      To give an example, for a commercial premises of approximately 100 m2, the price is around 100 euros (including fees).

      Currently, the fees in Alicante, depending on the m2, are 10 euros + 0.10 euros/m2.


      Certificado energético local Alicante

      What premises do not need an energy certificate?

      In general, practically all premises require this certificate. However, there are some exceptions such as the following:

      • A premises that is part of an officially listed building, provided that any energy efficiency improvement action alters its appearance.
      • Premises constructed provisionally, with an expected period of use of two years or less.
      • Premises forming part of an industrial, defence or agricultural building with low energy demand. I In other words, premises that do not require thermal comfort conditions. For example: a workshop.
      • Insulated premises with a total usable area of less than 50 m2.
      • Premises that are purchased for demolition or purchased raw for refurbishment. In these cases, the energy certificate must be requested after the construction or refurbishment work.

      What do we understand by a raw premises?

        • Their walls, ceilings, floors or enclosures are not insulated from the weather or are inefficiently insulated.
        • They are not provided with finishes, ductwork, etc.
        • They do not have electrical or thermal installations.

      How to carry out the energy certification of a premises?

      • First of all, a technician must be called in.
      • This professional will visit the premises to collect data and draw up the technical certification report.

      This report will always be accompanied by a document of improvement measures, indicative and aimed at increasing the efficiency of the premises.

      • It will be registered electronically, after payment of the corresponding administrative fees.
      • You will obtain the label describing the resulting energy rating and other registration documents. With them you can now rent or sell the premises.

      What do technicians look at in the energy certificate of a local?

      In the energy certification procedure for premises, certain parameters must be taken into account. The most important of these are listed below:

      • The use to be given to the premises.
      • Linear dimensions of walls (length and height). For example, storerooms, toilets, offices, etc.
      • Linear dimensions of walls (length and height).
      • Openings (windows or doors).
      • Lighting equipment, i.e. what type of luminaire the premises has. For example, halogen bulb, linear fluorescent, LED bulb, etc.
      • Ventilation equipment.

      It does not have ACS or hot water

      The houses must have Sanitary Hot Water (ACS). For example, through an electric thermos , a standard boiler , a butane burner , etc.

      However, there are premises where this ACS is not necessary. In fact, certain premises can be certified without the need for ACS.

      If the ACS is necessary, the amount of litres per day required will be studied, depending on the type of activity that the premises will have.

      Solicitar certificado de eficiencia energética para local en Alicante

        How to improve energy efficiency in a premises?

        There are different interventions to improve the energy efficiency of a premises.

        We are going to highlight the one that refers to lighting equipment. We could say that it is a key parameter for improvement.

        There are different ways to light a room, but the energy expenditure or difference in efficiency between them is enormous.

        In summary, high-efficiency luminaires or LEDs should be used as much as possible.

        Among them, we will have: point LED or bulb and linear or tubular LED.

        Energy Certificate

        Grants for solar panels in Alicante, Spain, 2023

        Nowadays, installing solar panels in your home, community or company is easier thanks to the financial aid available in Spain.

        In fact, currently, these are the public bodies responsible for providing them:

        • European Union.
        • Government.
        • Autonomous Communities.
        • Town and city councils.

        In your case, if you are going to install a photovoltaic system in Alicante, you can apply for this aid.

        Nuevas ayudas placas solares alicante


        The European Union encourages sustainability and energy efficiency.

        In relation to its objective, it is to encourage self-supply of energy and not to be so dependent on conventional electricity grids.

        For who?

        • Individuals who do not carry out economic activity.
        • Public administrations.
        • Owners’ associations.
        • Non-profit organisations.
        • Individuals who carry out economic activities (although there are exceptions).


        • The start date must be after 30 June 2021.
        • The maximum subsidy is up to the first 5 MW of power. Although higher capacities are not taken into account, they can be installed.
        • They must have a certain storage ratio.
        • Monitoring is mandatory.
        • Consumption must be equal to or greater than 80% of the annual energy generated by the installation.


        In the link below, you can calculate the amount:

        Calculation of solar panel subsidies


        The term would be between January 11 , 2022 and December 31, 2023.

        Documents and see frequently asked questions

        Below you can find a link to the documents you will need to submit. Also a summary with answers to the most frequently asked questions.

        See frequently asked questions

        Where to apply

        You can apply through the following link:

        Web to apply for the aid


        On the other hand, to improve the sustainability of buildings located in urban centres with less than 5000 inhabitants, this type of aid is available.

        For whom and requirements

        Urban areas of less than 5000 inhabitants with these fundamental characteristics:

        • Physical or legal owners of buildings.
        • Owners’ associations.
        • Companies that operate buildings.
        • City councils, provincial councils or equivalent.

        Alicante currently has 82 municipalities eligible for aid. Some examples are:

        Biar, Formentera del Segura, Benitachell, Rafal, el Verger and Agost, among others. In this link you can see the rest:

        See municipalities


        It is variable, but ranges from 30% to a maximum of 80%.

        On the other hand, it should be noted that there is a minimum of €10,000 to apply for aid and a maximum of €1,000,000.


        The documentation to be submitted includes technical, commercial and administrative information.

        In this link you can see it in more detail.

        See documents.


        The available period is until October 31, 2023.

        Where to apply

        The application must be made on the website of the Valencian Community. Specifically, through this link:

        Web to apply for the aid


        The central government also offers aid for the installation of photovoltaic panels. Through deductions in the income tax return.

        20% deduction

        For whom and requirements

        For individuals who meet the following requirements:

        • Habitual or rented residence.
        • Reduce the demand for heating or cooling by 7%.
        • Have energy certificates from before and after.


        20% of the amount invested with a base of €5000 per year.

        30% deduction

        For whom and requirements

        For individuals who meet these requirements:

        • Habitual or rented residence.
        • Reduce non-renewable primary energy consumption by 30% or obtain an A or B in the energy certification.
        • Have energy certificates from before and after.


        In this case, the amount is 40% of the investment with a maximum base of €7,500 per year.

        60% deduction

        For whom and requirements

        For individuals who meet these requirements:

        • Residential buildings.
        • Reduce non-renewable primary energy consumption by 30% or obtain an A or B in the energy certification.
        • Have energy certificates from before and after.


        The amount would be 60% of what is invested with a maximum base of €150000 per year.

        Apply for an energy certificate for grants and subsidies


        If you have installed solar panels on your property, you will have a series of allowances when it comes to paying IBI.

        Here you can see which ones apply to you depending on your municipality:

        Go to link

        In Alicante city, for example, we have a 50% discount for 3 years with a maximum of 300€ per year.


        On some occasions, when making installations, it is necessary to have a building license and it will be mandatory to pay a tax called ICIO.

        In these cases, you can also request reductions in said rate from the town hall.

        In fact, currently in Alicante capital, we have a 50% discount in this regard.


          Activity Licence

          Bar License Alicante

          If you are going to set up a bar and have doubts regarding the requirements and the opening license in Alicante, in this article, we give you the keys.

          HOW TO OPEN A BAR?

          The following are the most common steps to take when opening this type of business.

          1. Get a venue

          One of the most complex aspects is to find premises that meet your needs and, in addition, comply with the technical regulations to be able to carry out the activity.

          In general and based on our opinion, the most important factors are the price, the location and the characteristics of the premises.

          Transfer of bar with business license

          The easiest way is to look for premises that already have a bar licence.

          In this case, to obtain the licence in your name, it would be necessary to make a change of ownership.

          At QEE Ingeniería, we can help you and take care of the management for you.

          Technical requirements

          On the other hand, if you find a premises that does not have a licence, before renting or buying it, you must find out whether it is technically feasible to convert it into a bar, how and at what price.

          Below, we discuss the most important technical aspects that you should take into account.

          Urban compatibility according to the PGOU

          Sometimes, municipal land-use planning regulations do not allow this type of activity to be carried out in a given area or building.

          Therefore, this is one of the first parameters to be reviewed.

          Ventilation and smoke extraction

          One of the fundamental aspects when opening a business premises is that it must have a smoke outlet to the outside, for the kitchen.

          In addition, the toilet and the kitchen must have a ventilation system.

          Handicapped toilets for a bar

          In most cases, you will need to have two separate toilets for each sex, at least one of which must be disabled friendly.

          The disabled toilet will need to have specialised equipment and dimensions.

          For example, there must be no obstacles within a circle of 1.50 metres. Other minimum lengths, as shown in the picture below, must also be observed:

          licencia bar alicante
          Access for people with reduced mobility

          People with reduced mobility must be able to enter the bar. his means that wheelchair access is possible.

          Sometimes it is necessary to build a ramp because of the slope. In such cases, the slope should have a maximum gradient of 10 %.


          Another factor to take into account is that the premises must comply with acoustic standards and/or review the cost of fitting out the premises.

          Once the adaptation has been carried out, an acoustic audit will be carried out in order for the local council to grant the activity licence.

          Fire safety and evacuation

          Two types of fire extinguishers will be required to comply with the regulations:

          • ABC portal fire extinguisher powder chemical every 15 metres.
          • Portable CO2 carbon snow extinguisher to be kept near the electrical panel.

          In addition, for proper evacuation, signs indicating the exits will have to be placed. It will also be necessary for the exit door to always open outwards in premises located in the Valencian Community.

          Electrical installation

          In relation to the electrical installation, a key aspect to bear in mind is that the cables must be halogen-free.

          This is because, if there is a sudden increase in the temperature of the cable or another circumstance that causes a fire, a cable with halogens (e.g. PVC) would not behave properly.

          This type of cable would release a large amount of toxic fumes and facilitate the spread of fire.

          2. Technical project Bar Licence Alicante

          In order to open the bar, it is necessary to present the Declaración Responsable de Actividad for the opening of a public establishment.

          In addition, in the case of carrying out works, the Declaración Responsable de Obra (Declaration of Responsibility for Works) must be presented. In it, the need to carry out the works/ installations/ actions prior to the activity application is stated.

          In both cases, the applications must be accompanied by a technical documentation.

          Subsequently, all the required documents will be registered at the town hall. These documents will be supervised by the city council in order to grant the corresponding activity licence.

          cómo montar un bar

          Fees for setting up a bar in Alicante

          On the other hand, you will have to pay some taxes to the town hall. Dichas tasas varían en función de los m2 de actividad (del bar).

          These fees vary depending on the m2 of activity (of the bar).

          ENVIRONMENTAL LICENCE FEES (opening activity) up to 500 m2: 610.02 €.


          3. Works and refurbishment for a bar licence

          If necessary, the required changes would have to be made to the premises in order to bring it into compliance with the regulations or your expectations.

          4. Technical inspection, acoustic audit and OCA

          Once the works have been completed, a technical inspection must be carried out by the Authorised Control Body (OCA), in order to ensure regulatory compliance. At the same time, an acoustic study and audit will be carried out.


          It is very difficult to establish a price for this type of licence. It will depend on the needs of the reform and the surface area, among other factors.

          However, to give an example, the approximate price for an opening licence for a bar, with a minor work project, can be around 2500 euros. Examples) Creation of a company, registration of self-employed workers, IAE, civil liability insurance.


          It is very difficult to establish a price for this type of licenses. It will depend on the needs of the renovation and the surface area, among other factors.

          However, to cite an example, the approximate price for a license to open a bar, with a minor construction project, can be around 2,500 euros.

          Check final price


            Not only is it compulsory, but this type of activity is highly controlled in Spain.

            Fines for not having a licence

            Depending on the seriousness of the offence, they can range from 300€ to 600.000€. They could also proceed to close the bar for a maximum period of 3 years.


            Finally, it should be noted that it is not necessary for a bar to have a proper kitchen. In fact, there are foods, such as tapas, that can be served ready-made and cold.

            It is also possible to cook without a smoke outlet and without an extractor hood with a special fryer or other vacuum systems.

            Energy Certificate

            Energy certificate of industrial buildings Alicante

            Below, you can find all the information on energy certificates for industrial buildings or large tertiary buildings.

            What is a large tertiary building?

            A large tertiary building is a building used for an economic activity related to the provision of services. For example, administrative, health, educational, commercial, cultural, etc.

            What is the difference between small tertiary and large tertiary?

            To simplify, the difference is usually in the surface area of the certified property.

            Small tertiary refers to small or medium-sized establishments in the service sector.

            Large tertiary refers to large properties or buildings.

            A common example of small tertiary is a commercial property. These premises are usually at street level and have an average surface area of less than 250 m2.
            Some common examples of large tertiary buildings are an industrial building, a hospital, a hotel, a theatre, etc.


            What is the energy certificate for large commercial buildings?

            The energy certificate for large commercial buildings is a technical report that certifies the energy efficiency of this type of building.

            Do industrial buildings need an energy certificate?

            This is the eternal question.

            The regulation excludes from energy certification those areas of low energy demand, within industrial buildings.

            What does this mean?

            What does this mean? In short, those areas within an industrial warehouse where comfortable thermal conditions do not have to be guaranteed, will not have to be certified.

            For example, a workshop or the plant where the production process takes place does not need to be certified.

            However, offices, toilets or customer service reception, to name a few examples, would have to be certified.

            What is the price of an energy certificate for an industrial building?

              How do I obtain an energy performance certificate for a large tertiary building?

              The procedure for obtaining an energy performance certificate for a large tertiary building is simple:

              • On-site inspection of the building or property and data collection.
              • Preparation of the required technical reports.
              • Telematic registration with the GVA.

              Who can sign a large tertiary energy certificate?

              The energy performance certificate must be signed by a competent technician, legally authorised for this purpose.

              For example, an architect or industrial engineer.

              certificado energético de naves

              When the cadastre does not coincide with reality.

              In some cases, the information described in the cadastre does not coincide with reality.

              What to do in these cases? Read on, we explain it to you…

              Cadastral land meaning

              The Cadastre is a register, of an administrative nature, which includes all the real estate in a territory and is publicly accessible.

              In other words, all properties, flats, houses, premises, industrial warehouses or land, will appear in this register.

              This register is managed by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function, through the General Directorate of Cadastre.

              Where can I find the cadastral reference of my property?

              Firstly, you can find the cadastral reference of your property by consulting the IBI receipt, title deeds or nota simple.

              Subsequently, if you want more information, you can go to the headquarters and consult all the cadastral data.

              Go to the cadastre headquarters

              Errors in the cadastral reference

              Next, we show you the 3 most common mistakes in the cadastre:

              Surface area or square metres

              In many occasions, in the cadastre, the surface does not coincide with the reality nor with the data of the registry.

              This can cause you to pay more IBI than you should, therefore, it is interesting to adjust it to the reality.

              Incorrect address

              The address may also have changed over time or there may have been an error in the cadastral register and it may be wrong.

              Cadastral owner

              Usually, the owner is not listed as the cadastral owner or is listed in a property that is no longer his.


              How to change the land registry address of your home?

              The procedure is relatively simple. The following documentation must be presented to the Cadastre Office:

              • A letter stating the situation, i.e., the error that exists.
              • Document containing the cadastral reference (simple note or deed, or IBI receipt).
              • Official document from the Town Hall, identifying the correct address.

              Subsequently, you have 4 possibilities:

              • Telematic submission, through the Cadastre’s Electronic Headquarters, by means of a digital certificate or CSV.
              • Telematic submission (without the need for a digital certificate or CSV), by identification with DNI.
              • Sending by postal or administrative mail.
              • Physically in the Territorial Management of the Cadastre of your city.

              Which prevails the land registry or the cadastre?

              Firstly, the cadastral register is an “inventory” of properties of an administrative nature.
              On the other hand, the property registry is an “inventory” of properties of a legal nature.

              In the event of a discrepancy, the property registry prevails over the cadastre.




              IEE Alicante (Building Evaluation Report)

              Have you ever wondered if there is such a thing as a building MOT? Well, that’s right, there is, and it’s called IEE (Building Evaluation Report).

              The main objective is to report on the state of the building so that the necessary measures are taken and it complies with the relevant regulations, accessibility and safety.

              It is also a way to measure and promote energy efficiency and sustainable buildings. See below for more information on the grants available.

              What is the IEEV.CV?

              Officially, the Valencian Community calls it this way. But it is the same as the IEE.

              It stands for: “Assessment report of the residential building in the Valencia Community”.


              When is it compulsory to do the IEEV.CV?

              Next, we are going to show you when it is compulsory to make the building evaluation report.

              Buildings or constructions older than 50 years

              All buildings older than 50 years for residential use are obliged to have this technical report. Likewise, it is compulsory for single-family houses.

              Sometimes, this regulation is not known and the public bodies themselves warn of the situation. For example, they do not approve other technical reports if the IEE is not up to date.

              Also, the Community of Valencia is sending out mass communiqués and letters to carry out the IEE, giving a time limit.

              Subsidies and Aid Request

              In other cases, to request aid to improve the efficiency of the building, they request this report. Independent of the age of the building.

              Later, we will discuss the help you can find.

              How to make IEE of buildings in GVA?

              It is important to know that this report can only be done by certain technicians such as architects, quantity surveyors or civil engineers.

              First of all, you have to hire a company or technician who can do it.

              Then, you will have to provide the technician with all the relevant technical-administrative documentation.

              Subsequently, a thorough technical inspection of the building will be necessary, taking these aspects into account:

              • Stairs
              • Facades
              • Openings
              • Walls
              • Covers
              • Roofs
              • Floors
              • Structure
              • Accessibility
              • Installations

              Subsequently, the evaluation report must be drawn up and, finally, the registration must be submitted to GVA.

              PRICE IEE ALICANTE

                GVA aid for carrying out the IEE

                If you are going to carry out the IEE in the Valencian Community, you should apply for the corresponding aid.

                The amount of the aid works as follows:

                The minimum subsidy is 20% for buildings older than 50 years.

                In addition, there is an additional aid that works according to a point system and there are 3 types:

                • 40% and the maximum amount of 1,500 euros.
                • 70% and the maximum amount of 3,000 euros
                • 80% and the maximum amount of 4500 euros.


                This is a certificate that measures the energy efficiency of the building.

                This is compulsory for new buildings or buildings or flats that are sold.

                Registration is done on the official website of the Generalitat Valenciana.


                It is valid for 10 years from the date of submission.

                IEE ALICANTE
                Energy Certificate

                Energy Efficiency Grants Valencian Community

                With the financial support of the Next Generation funds, Europe aims to give member states some breathing space in the wake of the COVID crisis. In addition to being able to meet its commitments to energy sustainability.

                The horizon is 2021 – 2026. They will be developed in different phases. We are currently in the first phase. Types of IVACE Energy Efficiency Grants

                Types of IVACE Energy Efficiency Grants

                Mainly, there are two types:

                1. Building Rehabilitation

                For collective buildings, including dwellings and single-family homes.

                2. Improvement of energy efficiency in dwellings

                In this case, the focus is on dwellings in buildings or single-family homes.

                How much money do they give?

                Rehabilitation of Buildings

                Depending on the energy savings achieved in the action, 40 to 80 % of the cost is subsidised. The amount ranges from 6,300 to 18,800 euros.

                In addition, when situations of economic vulnerability are identified, personal assistance may be obtained in addition to the above.

                Improving the energy efficiency in homes

                The subsidy for improving energy efficiency is 40% of the cost of the action, with a limit of €3,000.

                In order to apply for this aid, the cost of the action must be equal to or greater than €1,000 per dwelling.

                Requirements for Energy Rehabilitation Grants

                It should be noted that the main requirement is to obtain 2energy efficiency certificates.One before the work and one after.

                In this way, it will be possible to demonstrate the technical requirements that have to be fulfilled. Below, we list them:


                Firstly, a reduction of at least 30 % in non-renewable primary energy consumption, referred to energy certification.

                In addition, in buildings located in climate zones C, D and E, a reduction of the overall annual energy demand for heating and cooling of:

                • Climate zones D and E: 35 %.
                • Climate zone C: 25 %.

                The following are exempted from the above reduction:

                • Officially listed buildings.
                • In buildings in which energy efficiency improvements have been carried out in the last four years in which the reduction can be proven.


                • Or reduction of non-renewable primary energy consumption of at least 30 %.
                • O bien, reducción del consumo de energía primaria no renovable de al menos un 30 %.
                • Actions for the modification or replacement of construction elements of the thermal envelope to adapt its characteristics to the limit values of thermal transmittance and air permeability, where appropriate, established in the CTE, will also be considered eligible.


                  Docuemntation to present Efficiency Improvement Grants

                  Regarding the documentation to be presented, it is:

                  • Application form.
                  • Technical report.
                  • Energy efficiency certificate of the dwelling or existing building in its current state.
                  • Energy efficiency certificate of the dwelling or existing building obtained considering that the actions foreseen in the project or report have been carried out.
                  • Signed contract or offer and budget broken down by items.
                  • In the case of actions at building level, Building Evaluation Report (IEEV.CV.).
                  • Other legal-administrative documents.


                  An Energy Performance Certificate contains information on the energy performance characteristics and the energy performance rating of an existing building or part of a building.

                  Click here to find out more

                  The technical report is the document that will justify that your home or building is eligible for energy efficiency subsidies. It will include the requirements that define the improvement of the energy efficiency of the home or building.

                  Applications for subsidies to improve energy efficiency in the Valencian Community will be submitted electronically.

                  They must be submitted to the Electronic Register of the Regional Ministry and must be signed electronically by means of an electronic signature or certificate.

                  Tourist License

                  Investing in tourist retanl in Alicante | QEE Ingenieria

                  The city of Alicante is one of the most profitable places in Spain to invest in real estate.

                  This is due to the fact that real estate can be acquired at an affordable price, the city is very well connected and is an important tourist attraction. All this accompanied by an economic growth trend.

                  An opportunity to highlight is the tourist rental, that is to say, making your home available to travellers, thanks to platforms such AIRBNB or BOOKING.

                  Why invest in vacation rentals in Alicante?

                  In relation to Alicante, most of the properties can NOT be converted into tourist housing in this locality.

                  This may seem like a problem, but if you have a property or you are going to buy one, which can be converted into tourist accommodation, you will have the following advantages:

                  • You will not have as much competition to make your tourist property profitable as it happens in certain cities.
                  • If you want to sell your property, it will increase in value if you have a tourist licence. There is more and more demand for the purchase of properties with this licence.

                  Moreover, the sooner you get the licence, the better. In the future there will be more restrictions. Probably, in the not so long term, it will be limited to ground or first floors.


                  Other benefits of renting out your home on a holiday basis

                  • Short term rentals have a very high profitability, in the short term.
                  • The stay in tourist accommodation is usually longer than in hotels.
                  • It is usually a cheaper option than hotels and therefore very popular with travellers.
                  • It is your business, you will have more financial freedom.
                  • It offers security in the payment of instalments, as it is usually paid in advance.
                  • Consumers usually prefer to spend their holidays in a house with a kitchen and other comforts, avoiding unnecessary expenses.
                    Alicante is one of the most profitable cities, due to its high tourist rate and affordable housing prices.
                  • The holiday rental market is growing more and more. More clients, more platforms like Airbnb, more managers, etc.



                    • Headache with management, cleaning, etc. (Tip: Hire a rental management company).
                    • Difficult start-up.
                    • Doubts about legal and fiscal issues.
                    • Buying a house is a very high investment.
                    • Seasonality. Alicante has good weather from March to the end of October. In addition, it also has winter tourism, thanks to its historical, gastronomic and nightlife attractions.


                    Zones and neighbourhoods to invest in holiday rentals in Alicante

                    In short, the areas most in demand by tourists are the centre of Alicante and the district of Playa de San Juan.

                    These areas are characterised by high property prices. For this reason, it is interesting to focus on properties for renovation as the investment is usually cheaper.

                    Within the centre of Alicante, a very good neighbourhood to invest in is the Santa Cruz neighbourhood.

                    On the other hand, similar to Playa de San Juan, the Albufereta neighbourhood has the best prices in the area.

                    Finally, we also recommend the area of the museum of Marc, for example, the neighbourhood of Carolina Bajas, as the average price of housing is medium-low. In addition, it is very well connected to the centre and is close to the sea.

                    Contact us and we will advise you..

                    Best properties to invest in tourist rental

                    Nowadays, families are not usually large. Therefore, it is not so important to focus on the number of rooms. It is better to focus on other aspects, for example:

                    • Well-equipped bathrooms and kitchens.
                    • Terrace or solarium are highly demanded.
                    • The urbanisation. (e.g. swimming pool, communal play areas for children, etc.).
                    • Air conditioning essential.
                    • Parking area.

                    As mentioned above, many investors buy properties for renovation or premises to convert them into tourist accommodation, as it is more economical.

                    Technical inspection of the property before buying

                    If you are thinking of buying a property, you should be sure that the property meets the technical requirements and is in good condition.

                    On many occasions we meet clients who have just bought a property to convert it into a holiday home and it is not possible to do so. Other times, it is not even habitable. Other times, it is not even habitable.

                    On the other hand, the technical condition of the property and the building in which it is located must be taken into account, as it is necessary to cover repair costs and time, which were not contemplated in the financial plan. E.g.) Rehabilitation of the building, installations, damp, renovation, etc.

                    In short, not taking these aspects into account means that your investment will not be the right one.

                    These are some of the reports or technical aspects that should be taken into account before buying a property in order to obtain a tourist licence:

                    • Urban development compatibility report.
                    • Certificate of habitability.
                    • Energy Efficiency Certificate.
                    • ITE.
                    • Certificate of aptitude derived from the ITE.
                    • Building Evaluation Report (IEE).
                    • Cost of the reform, if necessary.

                    QEE Ingeniería will help you to assess all these aspects and advise you.

                    Invertir alquiler turístico
                    ¿Hablamos por WhatsApp?
                    This site is registered on as a development site.