When the cadastre does not coincide with reality.

In some cases, the information described in the cadastre does not coincide with reality.

What to do in these cases? Read on, we explain it to you…

Cadastral land meaning

The Cadastre is a register, of an administrative nature, which includes all the real estate in a territory and is publicly accessible.

In other words, all properties, flats, houses, premises, industrial warehouses or land, will appear in this register.

This register is managed by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function, through the General Directorate of Cadastre.

Where can I find the cadastral reference of my property?

Firstly, you can find the cadastral reference of your property by consulting the IBI receipt, title deeds or nota simple.

Subsequently, if you want more information, you can go to the headquarters and consult all the cadastral data.

Go to the cadastre headquarters

Errors in the cadastral reference

Next, we show you the 3 most common mistakes in the cadastre:

Surface area or square metres

In many occasions, in the cadastre, the surface does not coincide with the reality nor with the data of the registry.

This can cause you to pay more IBI than you should, therefore, it is interesting to adjust it to the reality.

Incorrect address

The address may also have changed over time or there may have been an error in the cadastral register and it may be wrong.

Cadastral owner

Usually, the owner is not listed as the cadastral owner or is listed in a property that is no longer his.


How to change the land registry address of your home?

The procedure is relatively simple. The following documentation must be presented to the Cadastre Office:

  • A letter stating the situation, i.e., the error that exists.
  • Document containing the cadastral reference (simple note or deed, or IBI receipt).
  • Official document from the Town Hall, identifying the correct address.

Subsequently, you have 4 possibilities:

  • Telematic submission, through the Cadastre’s Electronic Headquarters, by means of a digital certificate or CSV.
  • Telematic submission (without the need for a digital certificate or CSV), by identification with DNI.
  • Sending by postal or administrative mail.
  • Physically in the Territorial Management of the Cadastre of your city.

Which prevails the land registry or the cadastre?

Firstly, the cadastral register is an “inventory” of properties of an administrative nature.
On the other hand, the property registry is an “inventory” of properties of a legal nature.

In the event of a discrepancy, the property registry prevails over the cadastre.




IEE Alicante (Building Evaluation Report)

Have you ever wondered if there is such a thing as a building MOT? Well, that’s right, there is, and it’s called IEE (Building Evaluation Report).

The main objective is to report on the state of the building so that the necessary measures are taken and it complies with the relevant regulations, accessibility and safety.

It is also a way to measure and promote energy efficiency and sustainable buildings. See below for more information on the grants available.

What is the IEEV.CV?

Officially, the Valencian Community calls it this way. But it is the same as the IEE.

It stands for: “Assessment report of the residential building in the Valencia Community”.


When is it compulsory to do the IEEV.CV?

Next, we are going to show you when it is compulsory to make the building evaluation report.

Buildings or constructions older than 50 years

All buildings older than 50 years for residential use are obliged to have this technical report. Likewise, it is compulsory for single-family houses.

Sometimes, this regulation is not known and the public bodies themselves warn of the situation. For example, they do not approve other technical reports if the IEE is not up to date.

Also, the Community of Valencia is sending out mass communiqués and letters to carry out the IEE, giving a time limit.

Subsidies and Aid Request

In other cases, to request aid to improve the efficiency of the building, they request this report. Independent of the age of the building.

Later, we will discuss the help you can find.

How to make IEE of buildings in GVA?

It is important to know that this report can only be done by certain technicians such as architects, quantity surveyors or civil engineers.

First of all, you have to hire a company or technician who can do it.

Then, you will have to provide the technician with all the relevant technical-administrative documentation.

Subsequently, a thorough technical inspection of the building will be necessary, taking these aspects into account:

  • Stairs
  • Facades
  • Openings
  • Walls
  • Covers
  • Roofs
  • Floors
  • Structure
  • Accessibility
  • Installations

Subsequently, the evaluation report must be drawn up and, finally, the registration must be submitted to GVA.


    GVA aid for carrying out the IEE

    If you are going to carry out the IEE in the Valencian Community, you should apply for the corresponding aid.

    The amount of the aid works as follows:

    The minimum subsidy is 20% for buildings older than 50 years.

    In addition, there is an additional aid that works according to a point system and there are 3 types:

    • 40% and the maximum amount of 1,500 euros.
    • 70% and the maximum amount of 3,000 euros
    • 80% and the maximum amount of 4500 euros.


    This is a certificate that measures the energy efficiency of the building.

    This is compulsory for new buildings or buildings or flats that are sold.

    Registration is done on the official website of the Generalitat Valenciana.

    It is valid for 10 years from the date of submission.



    If you want to promote your property in Torrevieja, on AIRBNB, BOOKING or these types of tourist platforms, you need to obtain a tourist license.

    What is the price of the tourist rental licence in Torrevieja?

    It should be noted that it is a process that requires the preparation of technical and administrative documentation, registrations, payment of fees, etc.

    At QEE Ingeniería we obtain the tourist rental licence in Torrevieja from 245 €, all inclusive.

    Fees in Torrevieja for Tourist Licenses

    Currently, the fees to be paid at the Torrevieja town hall to obtain the town planning compatibility report for a holiday rental licence are 54,30€.


    How to obtain the tourist licence in Torrevieja?

    First of all, you have to obtain the town planning compatibility report from the town hall.

    For this it is necessary that the property has an occupancy license that has not expired and civil liability insurance. In addition, a series of technical and administrative documentation will have to be drawn up for the registration.


    At the moment, the deadline is 4 to 6 months. It is a process that depends on the public administration and usually takes this time.

    At QEE ingeniería, we manage the documentation, registrations and communications with the administrations as quickly as possible to speed up the procedure.

    Holiday rental licence documentation

    In general, the following documentation must be presented:

    • Simple note
    • Valid certificate of occupancy
    • House insurance for civil liability
    • Proof of payment of tax
    • Photograph of the façade
    • Plan


      Renting without a Tourist Licence

      If you are thinking of renting out your property on a holiday basis without a tourist licence, you will be committing an illegal act and there are high financial penalties for this.

      Mostly theInvestment to obtain the license is very profitable. Since you not only obtain economic returns when you rent your home, it will also revalue in the market and improve the sale capacity of said property.

      Licencia Turística en Torrevieja




      Change of business ownership in Alicante

      If you have acquired a business and you are going to maintain the activity that existed there, you will need to make a change of ownership of the activity. For example, it is quite common to change the ownership of a bar.

      What is a certificate of persistence?

      A certificate of persistence is another name for a certificate of change of ownership.


      How to change the ownership of a business at the town hall?

      Firstly, you must ensure that the business you have acquired has a valid opening licence or declaration of responsibility.

      Subsequently, in person or online, you must go to the town hall. You will present a written document signed by the person who has ceased activity and the person who has acquired it.

      This document contains all the required identification data and an express commitment by the new owner of the activity.

      This commitment is based on ensuring that the premises will be used for the activity for which the corresponding licence was granted.

      In addition, this process of changing the ownership of an activity is subject to the submission of further documentation. For this reason, those who need to do so, turn to a professional.



        To obtain a change of ownership of an activity in Alicante, you must submit the following documents:

        • Copy of the licence or responsible declaration of the opening of the activity in force or copy of the last application for the licence or communication of transfer of the activity in force.
        • Copy of the notarised or private document of transfer of the licence.
        • Model of transfer of the licence or declaration of activity.
        • Proof of payment of the fees.
        • DNI/NIF of the person transferring the activity and of the person receiving it.

          *The above documents may vary depending on the activity and the legal status of the owner of the business that transfers its activity and the one that receives it.

        Cambio titularidad Bar




        Alicante Tourist Licence

        Would you like to offer your property as a holiday rental? Here, we tell you how you can do it and what is necessary.

        What is the Tourist Licence?

        This license is what you need to legally list a property as a vacation rental.

        In fact, if you are considering becoming an entrepreneur in the hotel sector and renting out your apartment or property for vacations, you will need this license.


        How to obtain a Tourist Licence in Alicante?

        First of all, we would like to point out that this process is not easy at an administrative level. It requires several registrations in different administrations and a multitude of documents.

        Additionally, the expertise of a technician is necessary to sign certain documents.

        In the following, we will outline the best procedure based on our experience:

        1. Previous study of urban development compatibility for tourist accommodation.

        First of all, it is necessary to check whether the property can obtain a tourist license.

        Not all homes can have a tourist license in Alicante.

        Therefore, it is much better to know in advance before starting the formal management. This process involves the preparation of reports, payment of fees, and presentation of documents. In other words, with the previous study, we can avoid these unnecessary costs.

        We recommend being cautious with companies that offer tourist licenses and suggest skipping this step.

        2. Certificate of habitability

        As for the second step, it is necessary at the time of the application for the house to have a valid habitability certificate. If not, such a license would have to be obtained.

        3. Obtaining the compatibility report from the town hall.

        This document is essential for tourism as it enables them to grant you the license. It states that your property is compatible with the tourist license according to the territorial regulations.

        4. Registration in Tourism for a tourist licence

        Finally, we will register in Tourism, and we will need a digital certificate and home insurance.

        5. Communication Harmless Activity

        After obtaining the tourist license, the Alicante city council requires that you open and communicate the tourist housing activity, as a harmless activity.

        This means that you have to pay a new fee, do a technical project, etc.

        In conclusion, by following these steps, we will obtain the tourist license.

        So you don’t have to worry, QEE Engineering can process all this documentation for you.



          If you are buying a property in order to obtain a tourist license, we recommend that you click on the following link:


          If you have just bought a property that already has a tourist license, don’t wait any longer; make the change of ownership now.

          View all the information

          Discover why Alicante is one of the best cities to invest in tourist rentals: its benefits, best areas, etc.

          See here for more information

          The tourist licence in Alicante is applied for at the GVA, presenting the documents required by the regulations of the Valencian Community.

          The holiday rental licence is not free. It depends on the locality but we can find this licence for an average price of 280 euros in Alicante. Fees and other taxes are to be paid separately.

          Fees vary from one community to another and from one locality to another.

          It should be noted that the tourist licence fee itself is free of charge. However, the registration of all the technical documentation required to obtain it comes with its costs.

          For example, in Alicante, to obtain a certificate of urban development compatibility, the fee is 111.39 euros.

          Finally, there is a cost of approximately €40, which should be added for the purchase of a distinctive plate. It serves to mark the property and is compulsory. You can purchase it by clicking here.

          AirBnb or Booking platforms require this type of licence to promote properties on their websites

          Contact QEE Ingenieria and they will help you carry out this procedure.

          If you are thinking of renting a flat or apartment for tourist purposes, think long and hard about doing so without a license.

          If you do not have a tourist license, you may be sanctioned by the competent local authority, as you are committing an illegal act.

          First of all, you must know the urban planning compatibility of the property. Sometimes, it is not feasible.

          Once you are sure that the premises can be converted into a tourist home or flat, you will proceed to carry out the necessary works. These works must be communicated to the Alicante Town Hall.

          After the completion of the works, make sure to obtain the corresponding habitability license. With this license and the favourable urban compatibility report, you can register your holiday home for tourism.

          Finally, submit the responsible declaration of innocuous activities to the Urbanismo department.

          This is the acronym for tourist housing.

          This term refers to dwellings that are rented for short stays. Additionally, the property must be equipped with the necessary furniture and provide cleaning services.

          One of the main requirements is that, as it is a dwelling, even if it is going to be used for tourism, it has to meet the conditions of a dwelling according to the Law of habitability, CTE, and DC09.

          Therefore, it is necessary to have an occupancy licence. If the latter has expired, a second occupancy licence will have to be obtained.

          If you require any of these procedures, do not hesitate to contact us.

          In the Valencian Community, the capacity of people for a tourist license is determined by the number and type of rooms. Typically, if a room is spacious and equipped with a double bed, the capacity is considered to be 2 people.

          However, if extra beds are available, the capacity can be increased. It is important to always indicate this information when promoting tourist accommodations.

          In the link below, we explain everything about the duplicate tourist licence.

          See more

          Despite what you may read on the internet, the tourist licence does NOT expire in the Valencia Region under the current legislation.

          In the following article, we attempt to explain the advantages and disadvantages of both types of rentals.

          Ver artículo 





          Cheap Energy Efficiency Certificate in Alicante

          We tell you everything you need to know about the energy certificate, to be able to rent or sell your property and home

          What is the energy efficiency certificate?

          An Energy Efficiency Certificate (EEC) is a document that contains the information corresponding to the energy characteristics. In addition, the energy performance rating of a building or part of a building.


          Is the energy certificate compulsory to rent or sell your property?

          It is compulsory if...

          You are going to sell or rent a property with a surface area equal to or greater than 50 m2 to a new tenant, as long as you do not have a valid certificate.

          It is not compulsory if...

          • Your property is isolated and has a total useful surface area of less than 50 m2.

          • Secondly, the use of the property you rent or sell will be less than four months per year. Or for a limited period of time per year and with an expected energy consumption of less than 25 per cent of what would result from year-round use.


            FAQ ABOUT CEE

            1. First of all, a competent technician must be called in to sign the energy efficiency certificate.
            2. This report will always be accompanied by a document of improvement measures, which are orientative and aimed at increasing the efficiency of the property.
            3. Subsequently, it will be registered electronically, after paying the corresponding administrative fees (this differs between autonomous communities).
            4. Finally, the label describing the resulting energy rating will be obtained.

            To cite an example, in the case of the energy efficiency certificate in Alicante, the headquarters of QEE Ingeniería, this fee for an individual dwelling within a block is 10 euros.

            See Fees for registering certificates (

            Download FREE CEE data collection template

            An energy performance certificate is not free. The price of the energy certificate is usually linked to the type of property (flat, single-family house, commercial premises…) and its surface area.

            The energy performance certificate must be signed by a competent technician, legally authorised for this purpose.

            For example, an architect or industrial engineer.

            The energy performance certificate records the energy consumption, which is estimated to be necessary to satisfy the energy demand of the building. This is always under normal operating and occupancy conditions.

            For example, the energy consumed for heating, cooling, ventilation, domestic hot water production and lighting.

            The maximum validity of an energy performance certificate is 10 years.

            No, you cannot. One of these official accreditation documents is required.

            The NIE (Foreigner’s Identity Number) is a personal, unique and exclusive number that all foreigners who, due to their economic, professional or social interests, are related to Spain, must have for identification purposes. All taxpayers who do not reside in Spain but who own a property located in Spanish territory must pay tax on it, therefore, they must have a NIE.

            First of all, by law it is compulsory when you are going to sell or rent a property to present the energy efficiency certificate. However, in some cases, when major renovations are to be carried out, it is not necessary.

            For example, when it is a house, this certificate is NOT required if it is not habitable and a reform is needed for it.

            Para el caso de los locales, NO es necesario cuando el comprador para realizar su actividad, tiene que hacer una reforma importante.

            It is worth mentioning that the important reforms are when the modifications of the installations exceed 25% of the total of the property.

            According to Spanish law it is compulsory to have a technician visit the property or premises in order to obtain the certificate.

            Otherwise, it would be a serious sanction that can cost up to 6000 €.

            This inspection is compulsory because it is necessary to make physical checks, such as measurements of rooms and windows. In addition, some materials and energy installations need to be checked.

            In the following link we will show a financial aid for improving energy efficiency.

            See more

            In addition, here you can see the grants for installing solar panels.

            See grants for solar panels

            The energy certificate is also compulsory for the sale of premises. But there are exceptions:

            More information

            When a property is inherited, it is not compulsory for the property to have an energy certificate. But if it is to be sold at a later date, it is, as it is always obligatory for the sale.

            When constructing a building, by law, it is necessary to obtain an energy certificate for the entire building.

            For more information

            ¿Hablamos por WhatsApp?
            This site is registered on as a development site.