If you have acquired a business and you are going to maintain the activity that existed there, you will need to make a change of ownership of the activity. For example, it is quite common to change the ownership of a bar.
What is a certificate of persistence?
A certificate of persistence is another name for a certificate of change of ownership.
How to change the ownership of a business at the town hall?
Firstly, you must ensure that the business you have acquired has a valid opening licence or declaration of responsibility.
Subsequently, in person or online, you must go to the town hall. You will present a written document signed by the person who has ceased activity and the person who has acquired it.
This document contains all the required identification data and an express commitment by the new owner of the activity.
This commitment is based on ensuring that the premises will be used for the activity for which the corresponding licence was granted.
In addition, this process of changing the ownership of an activity is subject to the submission of further documentation. For this reason, those who need to do so, turn to a professional.
DO YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP OF A BUSINESS?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To obtain a change of ownership of an activity in Alicante, you must submit the following documents:
- Copy of the licence or responsible declaration of the opening of the activity in force or copy of the last application for the licence or communication of transfer of the activity in force.
- Copy of the notarised or private document of transfer of the licence.
- Model of transfer of the licence or declaration of activity.
- Proof of payment of the fees.
- DNI/NIF of the person transferring the activity and of the person receiving it.
*The above documents may vary depending on the activity and the legal status of the owner of the business that transfers its activity and the one that receives it.
OBTAIN YOUR BUSINESS ACTIVITY LICENCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS QUICKLY AND CHEAPLY.