Energy Certificate

Energy certificate of industrial buildings Alicante

Below, you can find all the information on energy certificates for industrial buildings or large tertiary buildings.

What is a large tertiary building?

A large tertiary building is a building used for an economic activity related to the provision of services. For example, administrative, health, educational, commercial, cultural, etc.

What is the difference between small tertiary and large tertiary?

To simplify, the difference is usually in the surface area of the certified property.

Small tertiary refers to small or medium-sized establishments in the service sector.

Large tertiary refers to large properties or buildings.

A common example of small tertiary is a commercial property. These premises are usually at street level and have an average surface area of less than 250 m2.
Some common examples of large tertiary buildings are an industrial building, a hospital, a hotel, a theatre, etc.


What is the energy certificate for large commercial buildings?

The energy certificate for large commercial buildings is a technical report that certifies the energy efficiency of this type of building.

Do industrial buildings need an energy certificate?

This is the eternal question.

The regulation excludes from energy certification those areas of low energy demand, within industrial buildings.

What does this mean?

What does this mean? In short, those areas within an industrial warehouse where comfortable thermal conditions do not have to be guaranteed, will not have to be certified.

For example, a workshop or the plant where the production process takes place does not need to be certified.

However, offices, toilets or customer service reception, to name a few examples, would have to be certified.

What is the price of an energy certificate for an industrial building?

    How do I obtain an energy performance certificate for a large tertiary building?

    The procedure for obtaining an energy performance certificate for a large tertiary building is simple:

    • On-site inspection of the building or property and data collection.
    • Preparation of the required technical reports.
    • Telematic registration with the GVA.

    Who can sign a large tertiary energy certificate?

    The energy performance certificate must be signed by a competent technician, legally authorised for this purpose.

    For example, an architect or industrial engineer.

    certificado energético de naves
    ¿Hablamos por WhatsApp?
    This site is registered on as a development site.